This section is aimed at those who wish to or are due to present at the International Symposium. Please note that more information will be added closer to the Symposium.
WARNING: POTENTAL TELEPHONE SCAM AIMED AT SYMPOSIUM SPEAKERS
The MND Association has learned that a third-party company has been targeting Symposium speakers with a fraudulent travel and hotel booking scheme. The company is calling and/or emailing speakers claiming they are ‘conference organisers’. They then ask for speakers’ flight details in order to reserve a room at a specific hotel. Please note that the MND Association is not affiliated with such a company in any way.
The company can make a number of FALSE and FRAUDLENT claims about the Symposium designed to obtain your credit card information, including:
- There are issues with your hotel reservation for the conference;
- The hotel room rate for the conference has increased and/or rooms are running out and must be booked with them as soon as possible;
- Hotel rooms for the conference can only be booked through them;
- They can get you a cheaper room rate than the conference organisers; or
- Hotel rooms for the conference are sold out and they can help find you alternative accommodation.
Please be aware this is a SCAM designed to obtain your credit card information and/or make fraudulent charges to your credit card. Exercise extreme caution if you are contacted by such a company: the representatives are extremely pushy and we recommend that you do not give them your credit card number, personal information or any details about your hotel reservation under any circumstances.
If you receive a phone call or email from a third party company claiming to be acting on our behalf, please forward the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.