Abstract submission system is now open
Deadline: 29 July 2021 (23:59 UK time)
This year, submissions will be considered primarily for ePoster presentation. However, a very limited number of oral presentation slots will be selected from submitted abstracts should they be deemed suitable by the Symposium Programme Committee. During the abstract submission process, you will be asked if you would be prepared to accept one of these oral presentation slots should you be offered one.
All abstracts will be published in an open access online supplement to the journal Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and Frontotemporal Degeneration.
Submit an abstract
Submissions are limited to one abstract per presenting author. We advise that you register and enter the abstract submission system well in advance of the deadline to ensure that any difficulties can be resolved in time.
- The presenting author must first register for the Symposium, paying the £60 (GBP) registration fee*.
- Open your confirmation of registration email to find your unique link to the abstract submission portal.
- Submit an abstract (max 450 words) in the abstract submission portal in advance of the deadline.
Once the submission deadline has passed, abstracts will be reviewed by the Symposium Programme Committee. We will inform you of the decision in late August and if you have been accepted, we will provide further instructions on how to submit your poster material (PDF and lightning explainer video) from September, see key dates below.
*Refunds can be made available in the event that you no longer wish to attend due to an abstract being rejected. Please see Symposium registration T&Cs for more information.
Proposed poster themes
- Epidemiology and Informatics (EPI)
- Genetics and genomics (GEN)
- In vitro experimental models (IVT)
- In vivo experimental models (IVV)
- Human cell biology and pathology (HCB)
- Tissue biomarkers (BIO)
- Pre-clinical therapeutic strategies (TST)
- Clinical imaging and electrophysiology (IMG)
- Clinical trials and trial design (CLT)
- Disease stratification and phenotyping of patients (DSP)
- Cognitive and psychological assessment and support (COG)
- Clinical management and support (CMS)
|Abstract submission opens||28 June 2021|
|Abstract submission deadline||29 July 2021 (23:59 UK time)|
|Notification of abstract decision||Late August 2021|
|Withdrawal deadline||6 September 2021 (23:59 UK time)|
|Poster submission (PDF and video) opens||28 September 2021|
|Poster submission (PDF and video) deadline||4 November 2021 (23:59 UK time)|
|Abstract book published on Taylor & Francis website||17 November 2021|
|Poster presenter training||November 2021 (TBC)|
|Symposium||7-10 December 2021|